ABOUT THIS COURSE
XCAL’s Low-Light Pistol course equips students with the knowledge and practice to confidently utilize their firearm in no- and low-light conditions. Students will learn how to properly identify a target from an unintended target in reduced light environments, move between and utilize cover in darkness, basic low light search techniques as well as gain insight into the fundamentals of flashlight use and illumination tool selection.
Through a combination of classroom instruction, range exercises and practical application drills, students will be ready to confidently operate and effectively use their firearm in no- and low-light scenarios. With the knowledge gained from this course, students can have peace of mind knowing they are prepared when these types of engagements arise.
XCAL’s Low-Light Pistol Application course is structured for experienced shooters who already possess basic firearms skills and safety knowledge.
Firearm rentals are available at the Range Check-in Counter. Ammunition and protective gear are available in the XCAL Store.
Virginia law requires a participant to be either a U.S. Citizen with a valid government photo ID (Driver’s License, Real ID or U.S. Passport); a naturalized citizen with a valid government photo ID; or a Permanent U.S. Resident with a valid government photo ID.
- Prerequisite: Intermediate Pistol or equivalent
- Gear Required:
- Pistol with outside the waistband (OWB) holster; rentals available
- Eye and hearing protection
- Magazine pouch; Three (3) magazines
- Handheld flashlight with sufficient power (lithium LED flashlights highly recommended)
- Gun Belt or sturdy belt capable of supporting a holster and magazine pouch
- Optional dump pouch
- Ammunition Required: 600 rounds FMJ or frangible
- Recommended Gear: Pen and paper
- Dress: Closed-toe shoes (no heels) and comfortable, appropriate clothing. Pants must have pockets and belt loops.