THIS IS A TWO-DAY COURSE WITH CLASSES ON AUGUST 6 AND 7 FROM 10AM – 6PM EACH DAY
This course meets and exceeds the required 16-hour classroom and range qualification for the Maryland Wear and Carry License permit application. The course structure is two consecutive 8-hour sessions with a working lunch and range firearms training and shooting qualification course.
- Firearms Safety
- Handgun Parts and Nomenclature
- Firearms Storage and Accessibility
- Handgun Cleaning Seminar and Practical Exercise
- Situational Awareness and Crime Prevention
- Conflict Avoidance and De-escalation
- Legal Aftermath and Consequences
- Maryland Firearms Laws
- Maryland Self-Defense Law
- Concealment Options and Equipment
- Firearms Range Practical and Qualification
We will also go over some handgun fundamentals to make sure that you are comfortable in your decision to carry concealed in the State of Maryland. There will be a 50-round practical course of fire and afterward students can receive some remedial training if needed.
Course Requirements: US Citizen with unexpired Government ID (Real ID or Valid US Passport) or Naturalized citizens with DHS, INS ID, or Permanent US Resident with Valid Government Photo ID.
- Prerequisite: None
- Gear Required: Pistol with magazine (rentals available), Eye and Hearing protection
- Ammunition Required: 100rds FMJ or Frangible
- Recommended Gear: Pen and paper
- Dress: Closed-toed shoes, comfortable, appropriate clothing