One Class, Three States, Full Documentation
XCarry is a three-day course that will provide students with proof of competency and range qualification documentation for Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
THIS IS A THREE-DAY COURSE WITH CLASSES ON DECEMBER 2 – DECEMBER 4
- December 2, 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- December 3, 10:00am – 7:00pm
- December 4, 10:00am – 7:00pm
This course meets and exceeds the required 20-hour classroom and 2-hour range qualification for the Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit, the Maryland Wear and Carry License permit application, and the DC Concealed Pistol License. The course structure is three consecutive sessions with a working lunch and range firearms training and shooting qualification course.
- Firearms Safety
- Handgun Parts and Nomenclature
- Firearms Storage and Accessibility
- Handgun Cleaning Seminar and Practical Exercise
- Situational Awareness and Crime Prevention
- Conflict Avoidance and De-escalation
- Legal Aftermath and Consequences
- Maryland Firearms Laws
- Virginia Firearms Laws
- The District of Columbia Firearms Laws
- Maryland Self-Defense Law
- The District of Columbia Self-Defense Law
- Concealment Options and Equipment
- Firearms Range Practical and Qualification
We will also go over handgun fundamentals to make sure that you are comfortable in your decision to carry concealed in any of the three jurisdictions. There will be a 100-round practical course of fire and afterward students can receive some remedial training if needed.
VA Law Requirements: US Citizen with unexpired Government ID (Real ID or Valid US Passport) or Naturalized citizens with DHS, INS ID, or Permanent US Resident with Valid Government Photo ID.
- Prerequisite: None
- Gear Required: Pistol with magazine (rentals available), Eye and Hearing protection
- Ammunition Required: 150rds FMJ or Frangible
- Recommended Gear: Pen and paper
- Dress: Closed-toed shoes, comfortable, appropriate clothing