- Prior to entering the premises, ensure that all firearms are unloaded and securely cased, except for those carried by law enforcement officials in uniform or concealed carry firearms.
- Aim the firearm downrange and treat as if it’s loaded.
- Keep the firearm unloaded and your finger off the trigger until you’re prepared to shoot inside the range.
- Unsafe behavior will not be tolerated, and violators will be given a warning to correct their behavior immediately or be asked to leave the premises.
FIREARM AND AMMUNITION PROTOCOL
- Proper sights are mandatory for all firearms.
- All ammunition is subject to inspection. Use of tracer, armor piercing and buckshot is strictly prohibited.
- The usage of shotguns without a shoulder stock is strictly prohibited. Additionally, only the use of slugs is allowed for shotgun purposes.
- Before accessing the shooting ranges, all individuals are required to view the Range Safety & Etiquette video and sign the Range Use Agreement/Waiver either in-person or online.
- Valid government-issued photo identification must be provided at the onsite facility upon arrival.
- Individuals under the age of 18 are required to be under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian while present in the facility.
- Pregnant women should consult with their doctors before entering a shooting range.
- Individuals who hold a non-immigrant visa status are not authorized to buy ammunition or rent firearms without being accompanied by a United States citizen, except when they possess a valid hunting license.
- Absolutely no illicit substance or alcohol consumption prior to or during shooting. XCAL retains the authority to decline any transaction or expel individuals from the premises who violate this policy.
- Instruction from outside sources is strictly prohibited.
SHOOTING RANGE REQUIREMENTS
- Prior to accessing the range, it is required to wear approved safety glasses and ear protection. For minors, ear muffs and plugs must be used in combination.
- In the event of a cease-fire, place your firearm on the table and step out of the booth. Do not attempt to clear, safe or manipulate your firearm in any way.
- Only one firearm may be placed on the bench per lane, and firearms must not be passed from one lane to another.
- Drawing from a holster is permitted as long as the shooting table is removed from the booth.
- Crossing the firing line is strictly prohibited.
- Wall and target carrier shooting are prohibited. Additionally, taking cross-fires at targets on other lanes is not allowed, and individuals will be held responsible for any resulting damages.
- Anyone who is unable to control their fire may be asked to vacate the premises.
For center-fire rifles and rifle-caliber pistols, shooting at a maximum distance is mandated.
- Additionally, all rifles and full autos are restricted to single-shot or burst-fire only, with no magazine dumps allowed.
- In the event of a malfunction that cannot be resolved, kindly leave the firearm positioned facing downrange on the shooting bench and seek immediate assistance from the RSO.
- If you plan to retrieve your own brass, please inform the RSO and ensure that it stays behind the firing line. Please note that all brass collected by the RSO is considered the property of XCAL.
- Smoking, vaping, and consuming food or beverages are not allowed in the shooting range.
- When firing AK/AR pistols, both hands must be used, and hip fire is not permitted.
We value your safety above all else. We ask that you always follow our safety rules while using the shooting range. If you accidentally or intentionally break any rules, we will give you a friendly warning. If you continue to not follow our safety guidelines, we may ask you to leave without a refund. If there are any damages to the range caused by your actions, you may also be held responsible. Please understand that we reserve the right to refuse service or the use of the range to anyone for any reason. Thank you for helping keep XCAL safe and enjoyable for everyone.