ABOUT THIS COURSE
XCAL’s Maryland Wear and Carry is a three-day course that provides students with proof of competency and range qualification documentation for the state of Maryland.
Ideal for those who want to take up the responsibility of carrying a handgun safely and legally in the Old Line State, our course goes beyond gun safety instruction by giving students the knowledge necessary to handle their firearm with confidence. With our comprehensive learning materials, classroom instruction and hands-on demonstrations, we’ll make sure students are equipped to carry a firearm safely and responsibly.
Handgun fundamentals will be explained to ensure that students are comfortable in their decision to carry concealed in the state of Maryland. There will be a 100-round practical course on fire. Afterward, students can receive remedial training if needed.
- Topics include:
- Firearms Safety
- Handgun Parts and Nomenclature
- Firearms Storage and Accessibility
- Handgun Cleaning Seminar and Practical Exercise
- Situational Awareness and Crime Prevention
- Conflict Avoidance and De-escalation
- Legal Aftermath and Consequences
- Maryland Firearms Laws
- Maryland Self-Defense Law
- Concealment Options and Equipment
- Firearms Range Practical and Qualification
This course meets and exceeds the required 16-hour classroom and two-hour range qualification for the Maryland Wear and Carry License permit application. The course structure is three consecutive sessions with a working lunch and a range firearms training and shooting qualification course. Get ready to don your holster and learn all you need with XCAL’s Maryland Wear and Carry course.
Firearm rentals are available at the Range Check-in Counter. Ammunition and protective gear are available in the XCAL Store.
Virginia law requires a participant to be either a U.S. Citizen with a valid government photo ID (Driver’s License, Real ID or U.S. Passport); a naturalized citizen with a valid government photo ID; or a Permanent U.S. Resident with a valid government photo ID.
- Prerequisite: None
- Pistol with at least one magazine; rentals available
- Eye and hearing protection
- Ammunition Required: 150 rounds FMJ or Frangible
- Recommended Gear: Pen and paper
- Dress: Closed-toe shoes (no heels) and comfortable, appropriate clothing.
Upcoming Schedule for This Course