ABOUT THIS COURSE
XCAL’s Intermediate Pistol course expands on a student’s existing understanding of the pistol by providing advanced firearm handling skills. Learn how to master the draw, ready positions, malfunction drills, reloads, the use of cover and concealment, and engaging targets from adverse positions.
Moving at a faster pace than XCAL’s Pistol Basics and Pistol Basics II courses, students should be comfortable in the basic operation of their pistol prior to taking XCAL’s Intermediate Pistol course.
By the end of this class, students will have a greater understanding of firearm manipulation skills as well as increased confidence in their ability to handle a pistol safely and efficiently. Get ready to leave the firing booth behind and become proficient with pistol handling!
This course serves as the prerequisite to XCAL’s Advanced Pistol course.
Firearm rentals are available at the Range Check-in Counter. Ammunition and protective gear are available in the XCAL Store.
Virginia law requires a participant to be either a U.S. Citizen with a valid government photo ID (Driver’s License, Real ID or U.S. Passport); a naturalized citizen with a valid government photo ID; or a Permanent U.S. Resident with a valid government photo ID.
- Prerequisite: Pistol Basics II
- Gear Required:
- Pistol with outside the waistband (OWB) holster; rentals available
- Eye and hearing protection
- Magazine pouch; Three (3) magazines
- Gun Belt or sturdy belt capable of supporting a holster and magazine pouch
- Optional dump pouch
- Ammunition Required: 600 rounds FMJ or Frangible. You must have 50 rounds of frangible for your caliber
- Recommended Gear: Pen and paper
- Dress: Closed-toe shoes (no heels) and comfortable, appropriate clothing. Pants must have pockets and belt loops.